A mare’s milk substitute containing essential vitamins, minerals, and protein for healthy growth of the foal.
Complete milk substitute, suitable for orphan foals, foals receiving insufficient mares’ milk, foals at weaning, and older and adult horses in poor condition. Foals grow at an exceptional rate, therefore requiring a vast amount of nutrition, which in the first six months comes almost exclusively from the mare’s milk. There are enormous risks involved when mare’s give birth, and many complications can occur which will affect the amount and quality of the mare’s milk; rejection of the foal by the mare, mastitis, etc. It is therefore essential, that mare’s milk is replaced, with a high quality milk substitute which closely matches the mare’s milk, in order for the foals nutritional needs to be met, ensuring that it receives the best nutritional support for correct growth and development.
- Aintree Foal Milk is a high quality foal milk substitute with a composition carefully matched to mare’s milk. High quality skimmed milk helps minimise digestive upset, essential in order to avoid further gastrointestinal stress.
- Aintree Foal Milk contains a balanced ratio of calcium and phosphorus to ensure controlled quality growth, helping to reduce future risk of developmental orthopaedic diseases.
- Aintree Foal Milk provides a broad spectrum of vitamins and trace minerals at tailored levels to support normal growth, and maintenance of body systems.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Aintree Foal Milk is a complete milk substitute, which is suitable for:
- Orphan foals;
- Foals receiving insufficient milk from the dam;
- and Foals at weaning.
Aintree Foal Milk is also beneficial when used as a supplement for:
Foals which are to be shown;
- Older horses who have difficulty chewing; and
- Horses and ponies in poor condition.
Warning: All foals MUST RECEIVE COLOSTRUM within 4 hours of birth, BEFORE being given milk or water. If your foalhas been orphaned before receiving colostrum, contact your veterinarian immediately. Once the foal has received colostrum, Aintree Foal Milk should be fed in small amounts frequently throughout the day and night.
Crude Protein 22.00 %
Oils and Fats 12.00 %
Crude Fibre 0.00 %
Crude Ash 6.00 %
Calcium 1.00 %
Phosphorus 0.80 %
Fat-Filled Skim Milk Powder, Skim Milk Powder, Dextrose, Whey Powder, Vitamins and Minerals, Vegetable Oils and Fats.
Additives (per kg)
Vitamin A 13500 IU
Vitamin D 1500 IU
Vitamin E 150 mg
Trace Elements (source in brackets)
E1 Iron (Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate) 35.00 mg
E2 Iodine (Calcium Iodate) 0.00 mg
E4 Copper (Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate) 15.00 mg
E5 Manganese (Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate) 37.00 mg
E6 Zinc (Zinc Oxide) 56.00 mg
E8 Selenium (Sodium Selenite) 0.14 mg
Available Sizes: 2.5kg, 10kg